Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
It was even hard to distinguish whether something was a joke or not. The whole day might be very confusing, and you will probably notice jokes and pranks at least a few times.
Some Internet users are relieved to know that April Fool’s Day is only once per year, and that there will be no more pranks or jokes until the beginning of next April. However, I suggest to have fun during April Fool’s Day, as this is what it is all about.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
It is important to understand that too much heat can be dangerous for computers as well. Excessive heat can damage the components of your PC, and thus reduce its performance. This is why during the summer months you should check on a regular basis if your computer is not getting overheated.
If you have an extra fan, then you may wish to install it in your computer. Some users consider not using their PC that much during the summer as they are afraid of overheating. Some of them simply go to the beach or on a trip. Of course, as long as your computer is cooled down properly, then there is no risk of any components getting damaged.
You may want to use monitoring software in order to be able to quickly check whether the temperature of your computer components is not too high.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
While electric cars are environmental friendly, they also have some problems and this includes the fact that they are dangerous to pedestrians. That is because electric cars are silent, and while this is often regarded as an advantage, they have a potential of becoming silent killers. It does not mean we should not use electric cars at all, but perhaps they should emit some kind of sound that would warn people that cars are driving by.
It could be something similar to the sound of engine, but it should be different, as regular cars are definitely too noisy and often have an annoying sound according to many people.
Anyway, most experts predict that electric cars will gain popularity in the future.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
It might sound obvious, but there is a big difference when it comes to intentions and determination behind writing posts. For example, some people are only writing posts out of boredom, only for the sake of money, or because they promised their friends or families. Of course, their blog might be high quality, but it will not last long without the proper motivation behind writing posts.
I encourage all of you to consider once again what your motives behind your blog are. Over time such an approach might improve the overall quality of your posts. Anyway, the question what makes a high quality content has been asked many times in the blogosphere. While there are many answers to this question, there is a rule that I think is quite logical. Quality is often comparatively determined. This is true in any niche where there is competition.
There will be always someone who has the highest quality content, and someone with the lowest quality content, simply because you can compare their blogs as they are in the same niche. I will not discuss any specific ways to judge which content is of higher quality, but you need to remember that you are competing with other blogs, and even other types of websites with similar topic to yours.
You should also be aware that the standards of writing might be completely different, depending on a particular niche.
Monday, June 15, 2009
As there are many places on the Internet from where you can download a pop-up blocking software, be careful where you download this program from. Ask your friends or users on a reputable forum where to obtain such software. Do not download programs from sources that you cannot trust. If you choose to download programs from a questionable source, you might end up infecting your own PC. Believe me, it is better to try to find reliable website from where you can download files, than to allow viruses on your PC.
If you use Internet Explorer, you can set up your browser to automatically block pop-ups from some of the pages. To do it, go to Tools menu in Internet Explorer, then select Pop-up blocker option, and select options that suit you the most. This is a very helpful feature of Internet Explorer that may protect you.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
• Badges of blog directories and top sites can create a clutter, but often do not provide a real benefit. Try not to have more than a few badges or even try to remove them completely. Do it especially if you are not required to put them in the first place. There are some directories that will not ask you to put a link to them, or will never ask you to put their badge on your blog. You may want to stay listed in such directories. Keep that in mind that having too many badges will make your site load slower.
• WordPress blogs can remove the meta data that contains the admin links. It does not benefit the readers at all.
• Calendars are only useful on some blogs, where the timing of posts is very important. If in case of your blog it is not that important, then do not bother to have a calendar on your blog. It will only slow your website down.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Some bloggers chose a niche that is the most promising when it comes to earning money. Others, chose a niche in which they are really interested in. If you choose a niche in which you are interested, there are going to be many advantages. Here is a short list:
• You will not have to do a lot of research. Since you are interested in the subject of your blog, there is a big chance that you already have knowledge to write many posts with little or no research.
• Higher productivity. Your expertise will make your work more valuable, since you know what you are doing. This will result in more work done in less time.
• Having more satisfaction. You will have more satisfaction doing what you like.
I think that it is clear that choosing a niche in which you have an interest is a good idea.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
What I mean is, for example, if you spend some money that was supposed to go to your retirement fund, then it might be a bad decision. On the other hand, any extra money you have lying around that you will decide to spend on your online ventures would be a sound investment. Investing in your online business is often risky, but with risk also come awards. Why waste your money on some non-essential items, if you can invest your money in your online business? I encourage each one of you to explore the possibilities that the Internet offers us.
However, I advise you to do it only if you have some spare money which you will not be afraid to lose. You might not find something that will work for you the first time if you just try one method, but if you are persistent enough, I am sure that you will be able to earn money. The Internet is still vastly unexplored with a lot of great offer out there.
Monday, June 1, 2009
1. Your articles will not seem outdated.
2. Your article is more likely to be linked by others, as people in general like to link to something new, and your article might look like it is quite new, even though it is not.
3. You might get more comments as your articles will seem to be less outdated.
Here are some potential disadvantages:
1. Most readers might actually prefer to know when an article was released. Why make it a secret?
2. Not including dates does not change the order of articles. Those posted earlier might still seem to be outdated, even though there will be no date on them.
3. The whole idea is innovative, and might not be accepted well in the blogosphere. After all, hiding the article date is quite deceitful, and such a decision is usually not made to benefit visitors themselves.
I think that the biggest disadvantage is that not displaying dates along with posts will make many posts no longer useful. This is especially true in case of news posts, or those posts that were describing a situation that is likely to change. This includes the topics of politics, technology, and the Internet among others.